Volcan Barú is an active stratovolcano and the tallest mountain in Panamá. At 3475 m.a.s.l (11,401 feet). It lies about 35km off the border of Costa Rica. Due to its height and the narrowness of the isthmus of Panamá, it is possible (relatively rare) to see both, the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea from Volcan Baru’s peak on a clear day. This hike takes a lot of energy, we hike through the night and descent from the top after sunrise.
If you’re not a hiker, we can always arrange a 4×4 to take you to the summit.
- Starts: At Panamá Pathfinders Office or Pick up if needed at your location
- Schedule: 00:00 (hike) or 4:00 (jeep)
- Duration: 7 to 8 hours (hike) or 5 hours (jeep)
- Difficulty: 10/10 hike or 4/10 (jeep)
- Capacity: 4 people (groups over 4 should book 48 hours in advance).
- Price: $99.00 (hike) or $125.00 (jeep)
- Includes: Light breakfast, headlamps, water, snacks and private certified tour guide.